Bayer CropScience: Leafshield system
Leafshield is an advanced new patented formulation system which has the following benefits:
- It helps both active ingredients simultaneously attack difficult diseases like Septoria, Rhynchosporium and net blotch both on and inside the leaf.
- It does this by further helping to harmonise the penetration and movement profiles of bixafen and prothioconazole.
- This means the fungus is under dual attack at any part of its life cycle from two different types of fungicide, for maximum kill.
- This provides a new standard of no-hassle ‘in-can’ resistance management for the most ‘at risk’ wet-weather diseases such as Septoria, Rhynchosporium and net blotch.
Leafshield also promotes near-complete leaf coverage even at low water volumes.
- It does this by utilising a patented triple-adjuvant system which helps the spray droplet stick onto waxy leaf surfaces and also on to the fungus. Leafshield also has a remarkable ability to rapidly spread spray droplets over large leaf areas for quick and efficient coverage. It also utilises film-forming technology, which as well as enhancing the penetration of active ingredients, secures a long-lasting protected surface reservoir of active ingredients to drip-feed into the leaf.
- The Leafshield system within Xpro technology fungicides is so good, it works even with fast moving sprayers, and different nozzle types or flow rates.
- Its also makes Xpro fungicides rainfast within minutes, for even more peace of mind.
(Source – http://www.xprotechnology.co.uk/leafshield.htm)