Case IH Introduces New Vertical Tillage Option
The new True-Tandem 335 Barracuda vertical tillage tool from Case IH allows producers to better manage heavy crop residue and soils.
“We developed the new True-Tandem 335 Barracuda to help producers more productively manage the record-breaking amounts of residue associated with new, high-yielding crop genetics — especially hybrids developed for stand-ability with tougher stalks,” says Chris Lursen, Case IH tillage marketing manager. “Thanks to the industry-exclusive serrated blades engineered with Earth Metal and greater concavity than most other vertical tillage blades on the market, the Barracuda easily slices through tough residue, uproots root balls and levels out the soil to create the ideal environment for residue breakdown and seedling development.”
Available in working widths from 22 to 34 feet and blades capable of cutting up to 4 inches deep, producers can use the unit alone or in combination with other tillage operations to achieve soil conditions for uniform crop emergence.
Additional features include:
- Chisel-tipped serrations allow the blades to retain sharpness and durability.
- Capability to run at 6 to 9 miles per hour. Operating at 8 miles per hour, a producer using a 34-foot machine can cover 28 acres per hour.
- A rugged, pull-through frame that balances weight distribution over tough, fast-changing conditions.
- The 22-inch, crimp center Earth Metal Barracuda blades are engineered using a unique process and steel formula to prevent brittleness and elasticity.
- An 18-degree gang angle matched to each blade’s shallow concavity provides thorough soil mixing without causing backside blade compaction.
- Front and rear gangs and blades are properly indexed to one another, providing an even surface finish and a more even subsurface floor.
- The hydraulically adjustable TigerPaw Crumbler rolling reel, which helps produce more uniform clod sizing, soil particle stratification and residue distribution.
- The ability to retrofit the Barracuda blade to Case IH True-Tandem 330 Turbo or 335VT models.
(Source – http://www.agriculture.com/machinery/case-ih-introduces-new-vertical-tillage_197-ar52557)