M•1® is a liquid containing many co-existing microorganisms. The major groups of microorganisms in EM•1® are lactic acid bacteria, yeast and phototrophic bacteria. EM™ was first developed in 1982 as an alternative to chemicals in the field of agriculture. Through extensive research and experiments over time, EM™ became recognized as effective in various fields, including environmental remediation, composting organic waste, reducing odor in livestock operations, treating wastewater and many more.
When EM•1® is applied properly, we know with over 20 years of experience that EM Technology™ can specifically make the following possible:
- Decomposition of organic matter (including organic wastes and residues) and the improvement of fertilizer effects
- Recycling and increasing availability of plant nutrients
- Fixation of atmospheric nitrogen
- Suppression of soil-borne pathogens
- Solubilization of insoluble nutrient sources
- Production of polysaccharides and overall rich microflora to improve soil aggregation
Overall, the use of EM•1® is an economical way to promote a sustainable, resource-recycling agriculture that is environmentally friendly.
EM•1® can benefit agriculture, clean the environment, and improve our life
- EM•1® eliminates odors so, it can be used for cleaning in the home.
- Dilute EM•1® or Activated EM•1® with water (1:500 dilution) then use it for cleaning.
- A half cup in the washing machine can help clean the clothes.
- The EM•1® in the water draining into your pipes will work on cleaning the sewer lines.
- A half cup in a vaporizer will remove odors in the home (cigarettes, wet dog smell, food).
- Clean the bathroom with it too. Have spray bottle handy and spray into the sink, shower, and toilet after each use. (1:500 dilution).
Agricultural Applications of EM•1®
One of the main uses of EM•1® in agriculture is soil improvement by applying large amounts of Activated EM•1®. Large amounts of Activated EM•1® can be prepared by utilizing a large tank. By applying large quantities of Activated EM•1® to the soil from the land preparation stage, the soil will have a strong microbial anti-oxidation condition. This will result in higher quality crops. Recently in Japan an EM•1® activation unit has been developed to produce large amounts of high quality Activated EM•1® with a low labor cost.